Savage is currently hiring for a Maintenance Electrician who will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical equipment and controls for the coal handling operations. The electrician will assist Operations to provide coal to the customer’s bunkers on a daily basis. You will be part of the Maintenance Team and report directly to the Maintenance Lead Technician.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical problems as they arise and repair or replace as needed. Troubleshoot instrumentation problems on the facility and mobile equipment to repair or replace as needed
- Troubleshoot PLC and field device systems. Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment and controls
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Learn and partner with the Maintenance Supervisor to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping
- Other general maintenance duties as required, could include changing conveyor rollers, greasing, etc.
- Collaborate with team members outside of the electrical department, including operations team members, maintenance personnel, coordinators, and management to ensure the overall success of the operation
- Candidate must have a good understanding of customer service
What you need:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-5 years applicable experience
- Ability to read an interpret electrical schematics and NEC codes
- Understand the instrumentation, VFD drivers, and field devices
- Knowledge and practical experience with DCS in an industrial setting; preferred
- Understand the industrial process and how the different components in a facility interact (Conveyors, Train unloading system, Crushers, Feeders, Pumps, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and a sense of urgency in performing tasks and duties
- Experience in material handling operations is preferred. Welding skills is a plus.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined by Savage.
- Willingness to wok Monday- Friday, overtime and weekend on-call as needed
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Applications are open only to those with the qualifications listed, and we will screen or decline candidates based on those qualifications.
Eligible full-time Colorado Team Members may participate in the Savage benefit package, which currently includes medical, dental, and vision plans; Company-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance; supplemental life and disability options; health savings and flex spending accounts; profit sharing; and a 401(k) plan with match. Part-time Team Members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with match, profit sharing, and may be eligible to participate in the medical plan depending on hours worked. Our benefits package may change from time to time.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Pueblo, CO, USA