Class A CDL Driver- Local Routes
Savage offers local routes, where you are home each night and have consistent time with your family and friends. Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Quarterly bonuses
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
- Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities
- Fuel and clean trucks; perform pre and post-trip inspections, complete paperwork, and reviews communication board
- Ensure that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards
- Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
- Understand critical service requirements and see they are met
- Maneuver and connect heavy hoses
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and to ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Complete required paperwork, including manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports
- Have basic knowledge of DOT regulations
- Interact with other Savage and customer management and personnel on a daily basis.; understand customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Occasionally assist other operations on a temporary basis
- Responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition it was when assigned to them and for reporting equipment damage or deficiencies immediately
Requirements of a successful CDL Driver:
- Class A CDL
- Six months experience with pneumatic trailers and 53 ft. van trailers
- High School or GED
- Experience driving in the snow and ice
- Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards
- A solid and stable work history
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
Here are some of the physical requirements of this role:
- Ability to climb into and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
- Ability to apply snow chains to tires
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Applications are open only to those with the qualifications listed, and we will screen or decline candidates based on those qualifications.
Eligible full-time Colorado Team Members may participate in the Savage benefit package, which currently includes medical, dental, and vision plans; Company-paid life, AD&D and disability insurance; supplemental life and disability options; health savings and flex spending accounts; profit sharing; and a 401(k) plan with match. Part-time Team Members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with match, profit sharing, and may be eligible to participate in the medical plan depending on hours worked. Our benefits package may change from time to time.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- Required Education High School
- Rifle, CO 81650, USA