Class A CDL Driver- Local Routes
This is NOT an OTR job, so yes, you can more spend time with family and friends! This is also NOT your average job. This is a chance to make a difference and be a part of a Team where you will do things you never dreamed possible!
We are looking for a Class A Driver whose primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently transport coal & waste coal from various sites to blend yard & blend yard to power plant.
Ready to get started? Apply TODAY!
Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
What you'll be doing:
- The Class A CDL Driver will safely transport coal & waste coal in tractor-trailer units with GVW of 110,000 lbs
- Inspect Tractor-Trailer Unit for DOT, MSHA & any Safety defects, report to maintenance personnel for repair
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Drivers report directly to the Operations Manager
- On occasion they may be asked to assist another operation on a temporary basis
- They may also have the opportunity to participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Class A CDL is required & any other State qualifications
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Willingness to work days or nights and willing to work weekends
- The Class A CDL Driver must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Will frequently need to climb in and out of the truck as well as up and down ladders
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- St Paul, VA, USA