SH&E Manager (Refinery Services Unit)
Savage is currently seeking a Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) Manager to help design and execute the SH&E strategic plan. The Manager will support SH&E Professionals, Business Unit Leaders, Operation Managers, and Team Members in the field with a primary focus on the Safety, Health, Environmental, and Industrial Hygiene disciplines. This position will be based in League City, TX.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and use proactive processes, systems, tools, and metrics to drive SH&E continuous improvement and optimize performance in conjunction with direct leader, Sr. SH&E Manager.
- Oversee reporting and record keeping requirements for internal and external safety and health metrics, as well as any environmental reporting requirements.
- Work closely with operations to ensure work activities are performed in a safe manner in compliance with applicable Savage policies, regulatory obligations, and customer requirements.
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis, and implementation and closure of sustainable corrective actions.
- Seek out and share best safety and health practices within and across the organization.
- Work closely with Operation Mangers implementing all SH&E portions of the Savage S7 System and audits.
- Lead efforts to achieve the goal of an incident free workplace
- Assist with return-to-work and temporary-transitional-assignment cases collaborating with the Risk Department on progress of each case.
- Participate in Lead Safety Specialist and Safety Specialist programs, including training, coaching, mentoring, and praising.
- Provide safety and health training as needed.
- Act as a resource to the operations with incident prevention and in efforts to evaluate, select, and deploy personal protective equipment, engineering or administrative controls for hazards.
- Under the supervision of the Sr Manager SH&E, interface with regulatory agencies (OSHA/DOT/FRA) as needed.
- Willing to be reached and able to assist 24/7/365 in a timely fashion.
- Participate as a member of various Savage Safety Councils and Committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will have the potential for 1-2 direct reports.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a safety and health leadership role or equivalent
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) required or ability to achieve CSP designation with in eighteen months of start
- Have or be able to obtain a TWIC
- 50% travel by automobile or airplane required, periodically on short notice.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of safety and health, including a mix of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT with some knowledge of environmental and rail regulations.
- Ability to analyze situations, data, and make sound decisions.
- Training experience preferred, both instructor-led and hands-on.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Detail-oriented professional focused on leading indicators and knows where they are needed.
- Displays Shared Leadership Values and Competencies, is able to make things happen as a driver and SH&E subject matter expert.
- Embraces, teaches, and exemplifies the Savage Vision and Legacy and Strategic Framework.
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- League City, TX, USA