Industrial Rail Assistant Manager
Our Assistant Managers come to Savage for the daily challenge, opportunities for growth, teamwork, our focus on safety, and competitive pay, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. A culture that encourages Team Members to find a better way and enables them to “do things they never dreamed possible”. Whether that is accomplishing new goals in your existing position or working toward the next step in your career, you’ll find your path at Savage.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Opportunities for Growth
- Annual bonus
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Annual steel toe boot allowance
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, and Profit Sharing
The successful Assistant Manager candidate will be responsible for assisting with the leadership of a specialized team in planning, organizing and managing day to day operations. Ensuring railcar switching is done in a safe, environmentally friendly, and efficient manner.
Here is what you will be doing
- Understanding of logistics, utilization of equipment & people, to meet customer service expectations.
- Hands on leader with operational and technical skills to ensure that “best practices” are being utilized. Able to work shift when needed to cover/train certain job positions
- A positive leader with the ability to be proactive in problem solving, directing people, and utilizing coaching techniques for improving behaviors
- Maintenance of equipment and facilities. Understands maintenance of equipment and the Savage Maintenance Program
- Ability to train right, treat right, lead, and build teams. Create an environment where people are committed to professionalism and cleanliness
- Teach and promote personal responsibility for identifying safe behaviors, maintain safe conditions, and environmental responsibility
- Cleanliness of site and assist in the 5S Program
Requirements of a successful Assistant Manager
- Possesses experience and knowledge with;
- Industrial plant operations and Rail operations.
- Railcar; cleaning, loading, minor repair/inspection, switching.
- OSHA, 1910 General Industry
- HAZMAT Training/HM126
- Understanding of safety and maintenance;
- Local Area safety council orientation
- Must be a Safety Specialist and become Lead Safety Specialist Trained
- Can read, write, and understand English
- Good written and oral skills with an ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, and other company personnel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Works safely at all times
- Can follow all rules and procedures as outlined by Savage
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of “in-plant” experience preferred but not required.
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Ability to work outdoors every day and as a result will be exposed to the elements
- Be able to lift 75 lbs consistently throughout the course of each shift
- Must have the ability to work, walk, and stand on uneven ballast surfaces for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Position may require some travel for training purposes
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Salary
- Pasadena, TX, USA