Savage is currently seeking a Material Operator for our El Dorado location. Come join our team of dedicated individuals.
Savage Services Corporation, an established materials management company, is seeking a Pet Coke System Operator that includes Heavy Equipment Operator duties who will be responsible for safely performing the basic tasks required to move petroleum coke at our El Dorado operation.
The benefits you receive when working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- When available, overtime (more than 40 hours in a week) pays 1.5x wage
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- Follow proper safety rules and operating procedures that support Zero tolerance Safety objective
- Operate/maintain Petroleum Coke Handling System that consists of working with a PLC controlled conveyor system that includes; daily operating of the conveyor/crusher system, daily inspection, clean- up after use and (using 150 psi water system), maintenance, minor trouble shooting capability – mechanical aptitude a must
- Operate/maintain heavy equipment including frontend loaders, skid steers, dump trucks. Water truck, Large excavators with (clam shell bucket), and other mobile equipment (Required to possess at least a Class B CDL License)
- Complete and maintain required daily paperwork
- Housekeeping duties, including keeping offices, restrooms, break rooms and workrooms clean and tidy
- Assist Maintenance personnel, as needed
- Occasionally work in areas outside of your normal duties, when instructed by Supervision
- Physically able to handle large tools, climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend ladders, and should not have a fear of heights
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Class A or B CDL
- 1 year refinery, plant or industrial experience
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Environmental & Safety awareness
- Cooperates and works well with others in either one-on-one or group situations
- Contributes actively to team objectives, takes on responsibilities and is responsible for actions
- Must be able to work a rotating (days/nights)12-hour shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary (Hands On)
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- El Dorado, KS 67042, USA