Savage Services is currently hiring for an Estimator to join our Engineering team in Midvale, UT.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for leading estimating efforts for all phases of the project in order to design, procure, and construct Industrial Capital Projects on-time and on-budget. You will also define equipment, material and labor costs for industrial projects centered on solid and liquid bulk handling, transportation and storage. Experience with Rail or Marine projects is a plus.
- Oversee project estimates and technical proposals to ensure a qualified, accurate and timely submission
- Perform material take-offs, organize pre-bid data, research historical costs and develop the construction sequence for architectural, structural, civil, mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Cultivate strong business relationships with industry partners, owners, subcontractors and internal corporate teams
- Produce pre-bid construction documents and questions
- Participate in bid reviews, constructability studies and provide relevant technical solutions to stakeholders
- Manage and facilitate formulation of bid phase project risk registers
- Estimate labor, material and equipment prices based on historical data, costs books (RS Means or other) and local price quotes
- Estimate and prepare cost sheets in industry standard software (MCACES Gold, Success, Timberline, Hard Dollar, etc.)
- Organize historical cost and bid information for estimating reference purposes
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by management.
- Help ensure designs meet applicable building codes including all safety, operational, and commercial objectives
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Associates in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience required
- Over 3 years of estimating experience in industrial construction
- Experience with development of capital budgets, schedules, and work breakdown structures
- Ability to develop estimates based on drawings, specifications, and proposals
- Ability to work in design/build environments
- Experience preparing bid packages, estimates, and performing analysis of vendor/supplier bid packages
- Good knowledge of construction practices and current codes
- Good technical writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work well and multitask under pressure
- Experience with Planning and Scheduling is a plus
- Familiarity with processes and practices of heavy industries such as rail, transportation, power, mining, refineries, mineral processing, marine, etc. is preferred
- Very high attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and standard industry software
- This position is based out of our Service Support Center, which is a professional office environment
- Frequent site visits to industrial facilities, which require walking, climbing stairs/ladders, and other similar activities
- Travel will be required based upon team needs. Travel is typically during the week.
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA