Benefits and Retirement Administrator
Benefits and Retirement Administrator
In this role, you will provide subject matter expertise on day-to-day administration, compliance, vendor management, reporting, as well as employee communication and education for qualified retirement programs. You will also ensure the integrity and alignment of the on-line benefits enrollment system, Ceridian Dayforce. Works as part of a team to help Team Members understand and maximize their benefits plans, and helps to resolve escalated benefits issues.
- Responsible for system configuration, integrity and reporting, ensuring aliment with benefit processes, plan document eligibility, and premium calculations
- Responsible for testing, compliance, annual audit, tax filing and reporting for defined contribution plans
- Responsible for reporting required by Affordable Care Act provisions
- Aids in the due diligence, implementation and integration of newly acquired companies and Team Members
- Maintains relationship with COBRA vendor to ensure accurate and timely distribution of notifications and premium updates
- Assist on special projects as assigned
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Accounting, or related field
- Three+ years of experience working with retirement plans
- Experience with configuring and testing HCM systems; experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred
- Deep working knowledge of ACA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, and other legal requirements related to the administration of employee benefit plans
- Overnight travel, including some weekends, may be required prior to and during Open Enrollment each fall (suspended for 2020)
Savage began in 1946 with brothers Kenneth, Neal, and Luke Savage hand shoveling and hauling coal in Utah. Nearly 75 years later, Savage and its companies provide a broad portfolio of services to move and manage critical materials. We’re now located in over 35 states and four countries, with project work in another 20 countries.
Our Vision & Legacy statement, written by our Founders, outlines the Savage Brothers’ vision for ensuring perpetual success. It includes a commitment to providing opportunities for people “to do things that they never dreamed possible.”
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Midvale, UT, USA