Class A CDL Driver
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- Regular work week Mon-Fri 12 hour days
- Local Work - in your own bed every night
- We provide Uniforms & PPE (laundering included)
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
Here is what you will be doing
- Utilize a Class A CDL to locally transport Lignite coal between customer locations
- Perform thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment and accurately complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Ensure that the tractor and trailer meets or exceeds operational safety standards and report any issues to the maintenance crew, if needed
- Interact professionally with Savage team members, customer representatives, and other personnel on a daily basis.
- Should have an understanding of—and appreciation for—customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary in order to meet customer expectations
- Obey all MSHA and OSHA regulations
Requirments of a successful CDL Driver
- Current Class A CDL required
- Two years truck driving experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled; willingness to work days and/or nights
- Must possess a professional demeanor (concerned about safety, quality of job performance & cleanliness)
- Must be drug/alcohol-free and be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and reference checks
- Driver Record must be acceptable to Savage Services Inc.
- Must be able to understand and adhere to strict MSHA regulations when on customer property
- Must be able to follow all Savage and customer procedures and safety requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass 3 day MSHA training course
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Ability to bend down and crouch
- Ability to help perform minor maintenance of equipment (including tire changes) or perform safety watch duties to help protect fellow team members
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work and complete a 12-hour shift
- Ability to work up to 6 or 7 days in a week (although rare)
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Red River, United States