Collections/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Savage Services Corporation is currently looking for a highly motivated Collection Specialist (Aging Management Clerk) to join our Accounts Receivable Team. The role of Collection Specialist plays an integral part within the Revenue Cycle by providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. This position offers solutions by analyzing customer accounts, payment history, and financial data. The primary responsibility is to enhance business to business collections and optimize cash flow. This individual is able to utilize creativity in leveraging their organizational and communications skills in order to maintain customer relationships, facilitate payments and information exchange, as well as communicate collection expectations. A Collection Specialist (Aging Management Clerk) is able to collaborate, support and work in conjunction with our Customers, Operations, and leadership in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Complete monthly customer account and statement reconciliation(s)
- Review aging, create reports, contact customers, document actions, etc.
- Provide documentation, facilitate customer disputes, assist in customer negotiations
- Collect payments and promises to pay from customers
- Interact with various customer portals and proprietary systems
- Identify and resolve root cause for barriers to payment.
- Support operations through communicating with customers
- Adhere to all Business Process Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in the development of efficient business processes
- Interface with teams that are functionally and geographically diverse
- Monitor and reinforce accounting processes and internal controls
- Professionally respond to inquiries from team members, customers, coordinators, managers, etc.
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the need of the company
- Collections experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Time Management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn and utilize different software platforms
- Moderate to intermediate level expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Adobe PDF, or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Refined email and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years applicable experience
- Some college preferred
- Collections/Sales/Negotiation experience a plus, but not required
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Midvale, UT, USA