Diesel Mechanic (Night Shift)
Savage Services, a supply chain and logistics company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic at our North Salt Lake operation.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth!
Our mechanics come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers used to transport pneumatics and crude oil. This will be a night shift position.
2-3 years of Diesel Mechanic experience, and experience with a variety of trucks a plus.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform heavy and minor repairs on all trucks and trailers
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Utilize computer based diagnostic systems, skills, knowledge and experience to determine what repairs need to be done and whether it's a warranty issue
- Occasional tire work
- Implement a thorough preventative maintenance program for a fleet of tractors and trailers (crude and pneumatic) including: fueling, greasing, changing oil and other fluids and inspecting trucks for needed repairs
- Accurately record work performed in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Follow proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures
- Assist with writing and revising maintenance procedures as needed
What you need:
- 2 to 3 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience a plus
- Experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Experience with crude and pneumatic trailers a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- Has an invested interest in operational safety
- Be able to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Knowledge and experience using a CMMS is helpful
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
- Self-starter capable of working independently, in line with company goals, strategies and policies
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely in this type of environment
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran’s Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- North Salt Lake, UT, USA