Chargemaster & Pricing Manager
Austin, TX, USA ● Georgetown, TX, USA
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
The vision of Smile Doctors Braces is our people-first culture which creates an environment of passionate, caring Team Members dedicated to providing fun and encouraging relationships with each other and our patients. Smile Doctors offers every Team Member the opportunity to be a part of something bigger. We focus on the importance of the individual and recognize that each person on our Team has something great to offer. We recognize talents and strengths and take care to nurture those abilities to help our Team Members grow into successful people in their careers, in our organization, and beyond.
We are looking for a Chargemaster and Pricing Manager to join our team in Georgetown, TX.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a growing company and industry leader, Smile Doctors is the place for you. We operate orthodontic clinics throughout the United States and excel at providing exceptional patient care.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 3 weeks paid time off in your first year + paid holidays
- Discounts on braces for you and your family members
What You’ll Do
The Chargemaster & Pricing Manager will be responsible for formulating and maintaining the Smile Doctors charge master in order to optimize revenue generation, maintain compliance with third-party payer requirements, and generate management reports relative to resource utilization and associated topics. This role will also work with Payer Relations and Insurance AR to support the Insurance Pricing Calculator tool.
- Ensures that all information within the tool is kept updated including, but not limited to, insurance plans, insurance status, rates, providers, locations, and credentialing status.
- Develop and apply various charge development algorithms including analysis of local market pricing
- Meet and work with team members relative to development and/or changes to the charge master
- Recommend and coordinate the use of consultants for specialized activities relative to the charge master and related areas
- Work with RCM directors in the formulation of pricing strategies for negotiated contracts and capitation
- Monitor reimbursement problem areas and works with team members to resolve problems and optimize reimbursement and/or profitability
- Manage special projects relative to the charge master such as the incorporation of new rate sheets and/or special development of charge masters for newly acquired service providers
- Coordinate project management and training activities around the Insurance Pricing Calculator tool, as it is further developed
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in healthcare administration, finance, or accounting
- Three (3) years of experience in revenue integrity, healthcare auditing, managed care payor contracting or similar department.
- Two (2) years’ experience in coding and billing regulations
- One (1) year experience with electronic health record systems
- Knowledge of computer programs such as PC, Adobe Acrobat, Office, Project Management Software
- Knowledge of the charge development process and the interrelationship of cost accounting, cost management, and related functions
- Knowledge of reference resources for information relevant to charge masters
- May be required to travel overnight up to 10% of the time
This is the perfect opportunity to grow with an expanding organization! Apply today!
Smile Doctors and all our affiliating practices are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and welcome diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate against any team member or applicant for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.