Global IT -Internal Communications
Creative. Organized. Has exceptional writing skills. If this describes you, apply to join SMC’s dynamic Internal Communications team. Through strategic communications, creative collaboration and innovative thinking, the team works to advance the goals and strategies of the firm while driving positive culture and engagement.
As an Internal Communications Manager, you will partner with a variety of internal clients to develop and execute powerful communications. Your day might include:
Developing a communications plan to drive awareness of a key firm initiative.
Develop and execute communication to improve employee engagement and behaviors for assigned department and manage corporate reputation in a manner that supports our goals. You will spend a significant amount of time building relationships with management throughout the organization, and managing communication tools such as intranet and digital signage.
Developing and implementing company-wide and large-scale employee communications strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience serving as a trusted business partner with leaders and executives, including development, implementation and measurement of comprehensive internal communications strategies that inform employees of company initiatives and business updates.
The Internal Communications Manager position requires a highly organized individual with foundational strategic thinking skills, ability to articulate a point of view and rationale, and strong writing and solid editing skills for support of various assignments. The Internal Communications Manager will participate in internal communication strategic planning and message development and participate in the execution of multiple communication accountabilities.
- Interviewing a Tax partner to learn about a practice update and writing an article about it to post on the firm’s intranet-based news site.
- Representing internal communications on a call with a variety of project stakeholders to provide recommendations on how to best communicate the project details firmwide.
- Reviewing and editing a team member’s work to ensure it meets the highest standards.
- Writing video talking points for a firm leader.
- Measuring the impact of a communication.
- Identifying ways to enhance internal communications processes.
- Pitching in to help with a last-minute request.
- Partnering and building strong relationships with all levels of the organization to develop and roll out department-specific or company-wide communication plans and to ensure employees have the information they need to be successful at the micro and macro levels.
- Working closely with the teams to ensure company remains a place where all employees belong and are included.
- Drive the ongoing management of s internal communication framework and governance program specific to message content, timing, audience, frequency, and distribution as needed.
- Coordinate, write, edit, distribute, and measure effective and consistent internal communications materials.
- Ensure communications and activities are relevant, timely, optimized, and achieving measurable goals, while identifying and leveraging data to support targeted audience demographics and insights.
- Regularly monitor industry trends, proactively create innovative and impactful ideas and content, and develop new programs to up level internal communications.
- Provide communication expertise and leadership to functional leaders or as a part of cross-functional teams for important enterprise projects, including developing communications strategies and managing implementation
- Work with functional leaders and executives in message development and use the communication system that ensures message integration, leadership involvement, and effective distribution of information, and multi-directional dialogue
- Provide communication expertise and leadership for key executive-led meetings/events, such as Town Halls and national sales meetings, and manage the creation and distribution of content through a variety of communications vehicles.
- Ensure all communications are well written, designed, and delivered to employees' on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate with other members of the Communication & External Relations team, manage messaging and position us positively with all stakeholders.
- Serve as a trusted advisor who provides guidance and counsel to assigned company leaders and executives, business units and shared functional areas to create cohesive, informative and timely communications
- Develop and manage high-impact strategic communications plans for select business units or shared functional areas that help drive overall business strategy and objectives
- Partner with corporate communications team to integrate business unit and shared functional area updates with quarterly all employee meetings, quarterly functional town halls, employee events, company intranet, weekly email newsletter, internal podcast, social/digital strategy, media relations efforts and additional corporate affairs priorities to build relevance and reputation with key audiences.
- Support the continued growth and development of business unit presence on company intranet, setting subject matter experts and content owners up for success while identifying opportunities for effective push strategies to encourage adoption of the intranet and other internal channels.
- Leverage the company brand and style guidelines and corporate communications playbook to enforce communications guidelines for ensuring that all communications and visual content (i.e. videos, branding, advertisements, etc.) are funneled for approval through corporate communications before being disseminated
- Help develop programs that leverage existing and emerging technology to engage with employees across the organization
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Noblesville, IN, USA