Advisor, HR Knowledge - Part Time
The HR Knowledge Advisor-Part Time develops and serves Human Resource professionals by utilizing generalist HR knowledge and expertise to provide resources and guidance in response to members' HR-related questions. The Advisor may occasionally participate in development of HR-related content and projects within the division.
The HR Knowledge Advisor Part Time, would work 20 hours a week (4 hours a day). We are flexible on the hours of work (Advisor may start between 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM ET).
This position will be based out of our Alexandria, VA (HQ).
Provides information, resources and practical guidance in response to members’ HR-related questions by drawing on knowledge and experience as well as education in human resources and related fields to supplement research tools and conducts customized online research in real-time using the best sources available and providing written documentation to support guidance given.
Balances multiple priorities by communicating with members using several media -- phone, email and live chat, and maintains accountability for accurately and efficiently responding to a sufficient/acceptable number of inquiries each day.
Collaborates with other HR Knowledge Advisors by sharing knowledge/resources from specialty areas within HR, exhibiting flexibility, providing resource collection feedback/suggestions.
Monitors changes in federal and state laws and regulations and other current topics in HR so that members can rely upon the Knowledge Center as the best, first, source of HR knowledge. Identifies trends in member interests and in HR practices for planning and resource development purposes as requested.
Occasionally assist with live chat events, knowledge base updates, content development and reviews, educational product reviews, media requests, conferences, marketing efforts, and other SHRM events, products or services.
Other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- SHRM-CP/SCP certification required within one year of employment and maintained in good standing thereafter.
- Seven years of progressive experience in all areas of human resource management with practical, hands-on HR generalist experience.
Let us know if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Experience as HR practitioner in different industries and environments (e.g., union, federal contracting).
- Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Job Family Human Resource
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA