Analyst, Data Science & Attribution
1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA Req #137
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
The Data Science and Attribution Analyst offers intelligence and insight to support SHRM's marketing and other divisions. This position is responsible for thoroughly understanding the organization's data infrastructure, attribution modeling processes, and business needs to help translate complex marketing data into actionable insights.
- Develop and maintain the marketing attribution framework and inform marketing media mix decisions.
- Analyze large data sets from multiple sources to identify trends, root causes, and business improvement opportunities, and visualize those findings using traditional and digital analytics tools.
- Help marketing teams Improve marketing campaign performance – especially as it relates to marketing attribution.
- Use systems like Tableau and Alteryx to produce and maintain regular dashboards and visualize data from various SHRM data sources.
- Support a fact-based culture to drive decision-making and marketing investments.
- Support business units in understanding and validating results; help tell the data story by extracting actionable insights from complex data.
- Support Business Intelligence data efforts through quality assurance and due diligence.
- Enhance data collection procedures to support and improve the validity of SHRM’s reporting.
- Provide ad hoc analyses for various business units.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Marketing; or equivalent relevant work experience/training
- At least three (3) of experience with big data analytics. Experience with data science or working on large, complex data sets preferred.
- Experience with marketing, product-based data analysis.
- Experience functioning in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools like Tableau, Alteryx and MSSQL
- Strong data analysis skills and mathematical statistical tool proficiency.
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Professional integrity necessary to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete assigned duties within critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with modern reporting platforms and tools like Tableau and Alteryx.
- Ability to grasp complex platform concepts and business models, in a digital context.
- Notable accomplishments in data storytelling & customer demographics data.
- Exposure to Google cloud and big query
- Exposure to predictive analytics.
- Ability to derive and present compelling stories based on data and metrics.
- Ability to build professional relationships across reporting lines
- Tableau Desktop Certified preferred
- Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
- Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Travel Required: Occasional 0-10%
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Pay Type Salary
- 1800 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA