Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Accommodations
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Peak’s CDL Driver is responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight. This position is responsible for building loads for deliveries and maintaining a safe, clean and well organized work environment; loading and unloading of oilfield equipment, and ensuring quality control and safe operations during all aspects of the operation.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Helping with labor and hauling of constructing and deconstructing of above ground storage tanks
- Assisting with labor of constructing and deconstructing of secondary containment
- Responsible for making sure truck is loaded and secured properly
- Responsible for weight of shipment
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance, security and keeping vehicle clean
- Ensure that truck has proper and current inspections
- Compliance with all D.O.T. requirements
- Maintain driver qualification records and driving records
- Keep all paperwork in correct order and ensure that all transactions are documented
- Drive courteously when in company truck
- Make all deliveries on time while maintaining safe driving
- Work with Procurement in all deliveries and pick-ups
- Represent the company in a respectable manner whenever in a Select uniform
- Load and unload truck as required
- Work in yard and field as needed by supervisor
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Competent with tractor trailer and all equipment
- Ensure work being carried out is performed in a manner that is compliant with company safety standards
- Perform assignments in an effective and efficient manner to ensure deliveries are accurate and secure
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 1 year of experience as CDL A driver.
- Class A CDL license.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier D.O.T. requirements and safety qualifications.
- Current D.O.T. medical card.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret information such driving routes, safety rules, sales tickets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. pre-employment physical.
- Ability to work night or weekend shifts as necessary.
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- CDL certification from accredited driving school and one year of similar driving experience; experience may be substituted.
- Experience in energy industry.
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Select is an equal opportunity employer. It is Select’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air ActPeak requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
- Job Family Peak
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Carlsbad, NM 88220, USA