General upkeep of well locations as well as mechanical repairs on equipment; construction, threading pipes, perform mechanical hookups with pumps and valves and general labor duties at well sites. This is an entry-level position that requires at least one year of experience and/or equivalent training, preferably in the energy industry. Other duties may be assigned based on based on business needs of the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Store and stack material.
- Provide assistance to craft worker.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Tend to pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials.
- Lubricate machinery, equipment, or parts.
- Position, align, or level machines, equipment, or structures.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Clean tools, equipment, machinery & work areas.
- Perform 'stick-picking', shoveling, compacting and back filling excavations.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Operate power construction equipment, hoist or winch.
Additional Laborer Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge of construction machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- One year of experience and/or equivalent training.
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to thrive in a team environment.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience in energy industry a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 lbs.), carrying, pushing, pulling, repetitive wrist and hand movements, hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination, and mentally alert for entire shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires 40 hours per week and the willingness to work additional hours when needed.
This position works outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The Company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
- De Berry, TX 75639, USA