Creative Director, Digital
175 Galaxy Blvd, Toronto, ON M9W 0C9, Canada Req #544
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Our agency’s Creative Team is the driving force behind the progressive thinking and audacious experiential work we carry out every day for our amazing roster of clients. We are looking for people who can help us define the new frontier of agency thinking and create new ways of doing business, delivering creative, channel agnostic, business solutions. This role will be within a team of five Creative Directors, reporting to the CCO, with a close collaborative relationship with the Digital Content team, the designers and the Group Account Directors. The right person will bring an interesting new perspective and diverse set of skills to an already untraditional team of performers, with a core focus on building digital first, content led campaigns.
It’s time for us to break the rules and write new ones; to break through the clutter and create white space; to become deeper engrained with our clients and their brands than ever before.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Leave your ego at the door, grab a seat ringside and help us grab attention.
- Lead best in class digital creative strategy, ideation and execution across a range of brands to engage and educate consumers, based on deep consumer insights and analytics.
- To help create plans that augment and broaden our reach for existing clients. How do our ideas engage with today’s audiences in the digital space?
- To work alongside your other CD colleagues to help create amplification strategies for experiential creative. How can we use digital channels to help provoke a reaction and change in behaviour?
- Develop and shape the unique voice and identity of our client’s brand across all relevant platforms through digital content and video.
- Includes strong collaboration with agency and client stakeholders to ensure strategy aligns with brand goals and communication priorities.
- Responsible for delivering against a set of progressive KPIs, including audience growth and engagement as well as how our work moves people through the sales funnel.
- Collaborate with other internal teams and agency partners to expand pre-existing content partnerships and work to establish new ones.
- Manage a team of internal and external resources for content pitches and execution.
- Collaborate with a range of artists, influencers and craftspeople to deliver genuinely distinctive, original and compelling solutions for our clients’ business solutions.
- You are a digital first creative with a minimum of 8+ years of work experience executing across social, mobile & desktop.
- A strong collaborator, creative leader and a strategic thinker.
- You possess both a strong ability to execute beautiful, engaging creative as well as the leadership skills necessary to delegate, provide clear direction, and see a vision through to completion.
- You are a keen listener with the ability influence and guide an idea from the ether into reality.
- You have experience in growing business by proving how creative, design and an artistic philosophy can change the perception and habits of a target market.
- You must be well versed in creative content campaigns, demonstrating a strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events.
- You are capable of gaining consensus and alignment with a wide range of stakeholders
- You have a keen understanding as to how creative and content can work together or independently to achieve select KPI's
- You are comfortable using analytics to aid in the content decision making process - what to create, what channel to use and how best to deploy
A person on a mission, who genuinely gives a s#!t about the communities in which you work, rest and play. You can tell a great story on the journey to an outstanding idea. You can command a room with exciting, compelling, on-strategy ideas; and a strong point of view about which ideas and creative executions have the most potential to make an impact.
- A Storyteller, who understands the arc of a character and narrative
- You enjoy looking sideways at a problem
- A leader and collaborator that can help unlock the potential in all those around you
- Someone who has their finger on the pulse; culturally relevant
- Someone who understands that an idea is only as good as its results
- No stranger to hard work, team work and the occasional dirty work
Life At SDI:
We believe that the world needs more human, and our culture revolves around this simple pillar. You will be joining a great family with a purpose to unlock human potential; with a vision to use behavioural science to understand the human condition; and with the ability to breathe life into extraordinary ideas that connect with the world. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups in our field (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI) as we view diversity of thought and of experience as a core strength of our business.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- 175 Galaxy Blvd, Toronto, ON M9W 0C9, Canada