EX - Director
POSITION: Creative Director
REPORTING TO: Chief Creative Officer, Toronto
CATEGORY: Development – SDI MKTG
Our agency’s Creative Team is the driving force behind the progressive thinking and audacious experiential work we carry out every day for our amazing roster of clients. We are looking for people who can help us define the new frontier of agency thinking and create new ways of doing business, delivering creative, channel agnostic, business solutions. This role will be within a team of five creative directors, reporting to the CCO, with a close collaborative relationship with the Digital Content team, the designers and the Group Account Directors. The right person will bring an interesting new perspective and diverse set of skills to an already untraditional team of performers, with a great network across the US.
It’s time for us to break the rules and write new ones; to break through the clutter and create white space; to become deeper engrained with our clients than ever before.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Leave your ego at the door, grab a seat ringside and help us tame the Lions.
- Lead best in class creative strategy across a range of brands to engage and educate consumers, based on deep insights and analytics.
- Develop and shape the unique voice and identity of our client’s brand across all relevant platforms
- Establish processes and standards for creative planning, approvals and execution
- Includes strong collaboration with agency and client stakeholders to ensure strategy aligns with brand goals and communication priorities
- Responsible for delivering against (and reporting on) a set of progressive KPIs, including audience growth and engagement as well as how our work moves people through the sales funnel
- Collaborate with other internal teams and agency partners to expand pre-existing content partnerships and work to establish new ones
- Manage a team of internal and external resources for content pitches and execution
- Collaborate with a range of artists, influencers and craftspeople to deliver genuinely distinctive, original and compelling solutions for our clients’ business solutions.
- A strong leader, creative collaborator and strategic thinker.
- An understanding of human behaviour and how to manipulate it to change habits
- You possess a strong creative and / or strategic background with the ability to listen, ideate and influence.
- You have 10+ years of proven experience growing business by proving how creative, design and an artistic philosophy can change the perception and habits of a target market.
- You must be well versed in creative content campaigns, demonstrating a strong editorial mindset, with the ability to concept stories and content based on consumer insights, trends and real time events.
- You are capable of gaining consensus and alignment with a wide range of stakeholders
- You have a keen understanding as to how creative and content can work together or independently to achieve select KPI's
- You are comfortable using analytics to aid in the content decision making process - what to create, what channel to use and how best to deploy
A person on a mission, who genuinely gives a s#!t about the communities in which you work, rest and play. You can tell a great story on the journey to an outstanding idea. You can command a room with exciting, compelling, on-strategy ideas; and a strong point of view about which ideas and creative executions have the most potential to make an impact.
- A Storyteller, who understands the arc of a character and narrative
- You enjoy looking sideways at a problem
- A leader and collaborator that can help unlock the potential in all those around you
- Someone who has their finger on the pulse; culturally relevant
- Someone who understands that an idea is only as good as its results
- No stranger to hard work, team work and the occasional dirty work
Life At SDI
We believe that the world needs more human, and our culture revolves around this simple pillar. You will be joining a great family with a purpose to unlock human potential; with a vision to use behavioural science to understand the human condition; and with the ability to breathe life into extraordinary ideas that connect with the world. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups in our field (women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI) as we view diversity of thought and of experience as a core strength of our business.
- Pay Type Salary