HR - Generalist (Contract)
POSITION: HR Generalist (Contract position - 6 months)
LOCATION: Toronto,ON (WFH Currently)
REPORTING TO: VP, People
CATEGORY: Human Resources
SDI Marketing delivers services designed to help solve our clients’ toughest business issues. Our unique combination of products and services include: sports marketing, experiential marketing, direct to consumer sales, brand awareness, loyalty programs, and tech/digital solutions. SDI is recognized as one of the largest sources of integrated marketing solutions services in North America.
SDI’s Employee Value Proposition
For people who believe they can do the impossible, SDI offers a place to grow as a whole person. Your dream is as important as ours and together we make them all come true. It is our vision to be the agency of the future, have loads of fun and make some lifelong friends along the way.
We believe the world need more human. We exist to release human potential, one experience at a time.
You are detail oriented individual, who proactively demonstrates the ability to take initiative. You have strong leadership and communication skills and have demonstrated the ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organization. Focused on delivery, you work well under pressure to strategically meet deadlines.
The HR Generalist works closely with the HR Business Partner, The Mobile Shop leaders, and their teams directly to define and implement people plans that are aligned with business strategy, company culture and values. The incumbent provides generalist expertise across the functional areas of HR (employee engagement, talent management, health & safety, compliance, employee relations, total rewards, leadership development, etc.) to enable business results. As the main HR contact for the Western Region, the HR Generalist builds strong relationships with the business and acts as a trusted advisor and partner. This role also supports the HR Business Partner in the development and execution of cyclical HR Programs (Engagement Survey, Performance Development), maintenance of HR Policies and Practices (Health & Safety, Policies) and other strategic people initiatives.
Employee Relations (Western Region – BC, AB, SK, MB)
· Provide day to day support, guidance, and coaching to The Mobile Shop Lead Mobilists and District Managers regarding employment related issues including but not limited to the interpretation of company policies & procedures, performance management and change management;
· Manage Service Canada requests and Ministry of Labour claims including advising and liaising with Client on Employer position, collecting documentation, as well as finalization and submission of documentation;
· Ensure that the interests of colleagues and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and
applicable government laws and regulations – i.e.: ESA, Human Rights Code;
· Conduct investigations pertaining to Violence, Harassment or Discrimination (leading the process end to end);
· Participate in Loss Prevention related investigation and make recommendations to the business and support in the execution of investigation outcomes;
Employee Engagement (Western Region – BC, AB, SK, MB)
· Conduct Exit Interviews and provide feedback and recommendations to the business;
· Analyze Engagement Survey Results and work with District Managers on Action Planning;
HR Programs (National)
· Support the delivery and deployment of National HR programs and processes (Performance Management, Compensation, Engagement Survey, and the Performance Review Cycle)
· Manage employee work permits including auditing, and managing applications for provincial nominee program(s);
· Contribute to continuous improvement & best practices to influence human resources strategies;
· Full benefits administration including working with HR director in annual renewal, employee enrolment, benefit removal as well as working with brokerage on any policy changes;
Reporting & Administration (National)
· Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required;
· HRIS data and employee file management including work permit updates, onboarding, offboarding, employment changes, leaves of absences as well as working closely with Payroll in bi-weekly reconciliation as well as auditing;
· Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of HR management
· Must have strong knowledge/experience of employment law
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
· Excellent computer skills – database management & record keeping
· Proven ability to gain trust and credibility with workforce
· Excellent communication, interpersonal & coaching skills
· Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
· Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to work with all levels of employees and management within the company
· CHRP/CHRL Designation considered an asset
· University degree or College diploma in Business or Human Resources Management
· 3+ years of experience working in Human Resources
· Experience with ATS, HRIS and Training Platforms (currently using Ceridian & Salesforce)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
SDImktg is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching,
learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the SDI community are encouraged to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- 175 Galaxy Blvd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5R8, Canada