GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Vehicle Maintenance and managing shop personnel, providing leadership and direction to the mechanic staff. This position is a working foreman and from time to time may perform diagnostic and maintenance duties but will primarily be coordinating the work of others. This position may require travel to other locations and is responsible for vehicle inspections, diagnostic testing, repairs and maintenance on the vehicle fleet to ensure our trucks are safe and on the road.
- Supervise Shop Mechanics. Hire, train, discipline and review performance.
- Maintain equipment/ asset management in accordance with company fleet management policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies, and ensure same of others in department.
- Regularly communicate with management regarding the status of fleet vehicles and/or other equipment.
- Asist in annual budget preparation, tracking and expense management.
- Service fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or from driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR).
- Coordinate obtaining components and parts used by mechanics in preparation for maintenance or repair.
- Support Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical issues and make necessary repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Oversee: Inspection, lubrication, and service of vehicles and equipment.
- Oversee: Completion of-adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Perform or delegate roadside repairs and adjustments, if required.
- Ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Oversee: All required administrative duties when necessary, such as cycle counts, parts requisitions, warranties, etc.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related tools, materials, shop and work areas.
- Professionally interact with internal and external customers.
- Assist Mechanics with the work as required.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (time, repair orders and parts usage) on computer.
- Travel to other locations, within area of responsibility, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5 yrs. prior supervisory experience
- Excellent mechanical diagnostic capabilities/ aptitude of vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Minimum 10 total years’ experience: including supervision, repair, maintenance on heavy trucks and diesel engine vehicles, equipment and related components.
- Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair vehicle or component failure.
- Ability to safely drive service vehicles and vehicles in and out of service area, as well as test drive.
- Ability to work weekends, and/or holidays as necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; ability to train others; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.
Moderate lifting - no greater than 40 lbs.; moderate reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping. No fine manipulation or fine manual dexterity required. Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required.
CDL, and/or Valid Driver’s License, as applicable.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cincinnati, OH, USA