Lead CDL Driver - Street Sweeping - NIGHTS
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Lead Driver is responsible for ensuring their team has all required information to be successful during their shift and driving a Broom Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc. Over night travel required in the sate of S.Carolina 75%.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Driver will ensuring their team has all required information and operate Mechanical Broom Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste.
Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
Perform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
Wear proper and required PPE
Review scheduled routes assigned
Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper
Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
Maintain quality of work
Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop.
Over-night travel may be required
Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B with air brake endorsement& medical card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle mirrors & back-up camera.
CDL, Tow motor (i.e. powered industrial truck) operation, Valid Driver’s License, as applicable.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Charleston, SC, USA