Lead Non-CDL Driver - Parking Lot Sweeping
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Lead Driver is responsible for ensuring their team has all the required information to be successful and driving an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new parking lots, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a night time position. Operate Air Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and constructions materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal/weather changes and parking lot waste.
Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
Preform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
Wear proper and required PPE
Review scheduled routes assigned
Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
Perform the safe operation of an Air Sweeper
Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
Maintain quality of work
Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
Perform all other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.00
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA