Night Drivers Supervisor
The Night Manager is directly responsible for the supervision of employees performing sweeping operations, dispatch and/or other operational duties. This is a night-time position where hours may vary. Will require a CDL and valid Medical Card. Schedule: Monday- Friday 6PM - 3:30AM, hours many vary.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Night Manager will plan, distribute, monitor and follow-up on daily route assignments to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided. The Night Manager will also manage the daily operations through activities such as inspecting work, surveying routes for potential sales request/ follow-up, communicating key services, maintaining safety and resolving equipment issues.
- Schedule and supervise Drivers.
- Develop work schedules based on work load and customer needs.
- Evaluate and plan routes to provide the most efficient service to customers while managing labor hours and other constraints.
- Manage and maintain a steady work flow including employee schedules, work load and customer relations.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to processing route sheets and time sheets.
- Conduct employee observations to ensure safety and productivity procedures are being followed.
- Respond effectively and professionally to customer service inquires, requests or complaints.
- Understand, implement and maintain safe work practices.
- Investigate and document accidents, injuries and property damage claims.
- Must be prepared to maintain business operations by diligently operating equipment/vehicles on a as needed basis.
- Resolve and complete non-scheduled service requests, equipment/vehicle breakdowns and schedule changes.
- Use the computer to track, gather performance data and report to customers on work completed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The Night Manager must have 5-7 years of industry related and supervisory experience, (preferred) be able to operate a motor-vehicle in the state of Ohio; Good communication skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is a must. Individual will have experience in a supervisory role managing employees and work flow so that SCA can provide the best service possible. Candidates background could alternatively include: waste, landfill and courier services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills.
Ability to Maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (CDL license is a plus). Moderate to heavy lifting - no greater than 40 lbs.; moderate reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping. Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required.
- Pay Type Salary
- Longwood, FL 32750, USA
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Sanford, FL, USA
- Winter Springs, FL, USA