Industrial Sweeper - Scrubber Operator
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs approximately 1,000 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Reilly Sweeping, a division of SCA, is currently seeking Air Sweeper Operators.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for operating an industrial sweeper/scrubber and utilizing a Power Washer, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to customer warehouses, parking garages, shopping center sidewalks, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a daytime position. Operate Industrial Sweeper and utilizing a Power Washer. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be responsible for pulling a trailer. The Operator will work Monday – Friday with weekend shifts required as needed.
Responsible for the proper and safe loading of equipment and pulling a trailer
Perform required inspection of industrial sweeper/scrubber , prior to operating equipment
Preform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
Wear proper and required PPE
Review scheduled routes assigned & Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
Perform the safe operation of an industrial sweeper scrubber and power wash equipment
Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
Maintain quality of work
Track completed tasks and/or routes
Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor immediately
Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
Perform all other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Requires work performed in indoor and outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
- Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
Health, dental, vision & life insurance; First of the month following 60 days
Paid vacation & holiday
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Columbus, OH, USA