Shop Helper - Mechanics
SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment.
The Shop Assistant is a valuable support role for our operations.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Assist mechanics at their direction (Lift, hold, perform basic function to assist in diagnostic tests)
- All other duties assigned by management
- No tools or experience required
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Positive Attitude
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
- Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching, and standing.
Preference will be given to applicants (not required):
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a desire to learn and advance into a mechanic or driver position
- Competitive Wages
- Guaranteed Minimum Hours
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Well-maintained fleet of newer trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA