Shop Mechanic - Mechanics
SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment.
The Mechanic 2 position is a valuable support role with opportunity for advancement.
Work will include preventative maintenance and repair of various chassis manufacturers and upfit configurations with a focus on electrical and hydraulic systems.
In this position you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Perform chassis preventative maintenance and repairs to chassis and upfit components
- Assist senior mechanics with advanced repairs
- Change tires
- Complete advanced inspections and associated repairs
- Diagnose and complete basic repairs on electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Inspect and perform repairs on brake system components
- Replace chassis and sweeper components
- 4-5 years mechanic experience or trade school graduate with 2-3 years of work experience
- Toolbox, basic hand tools including some specialty tools
- Ability to run standard diagnostic software
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Basic ability to read and follow schematics
- Ability and willingness to assist higher level mechanics and perform repairs under their supervision
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Possess a valid driver license with the ability to obtain a Class B CDL with endorsements
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
- Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching and standing.
- Preference will be given to applicants (not required):
- Possession of a Class B CDL w/ Air Brake endorsement
- Have a desire to learn and advance
- Heavy Equipment Experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime on occasion
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.00
- Max Hiring Rate $28.00
- Jacksonville, FL, USA