Human Resources Generalist
SCA offers an amazing opportunity for an HR Generalist to help accelerate organizational growth through the execution of talent strategies.
We are looking for an HRG assigned to our East Coast Region, to support our Regional Vice President, General Managers, and Site Managers in the day to day operation of the business. This person will play an integral role, and in many cases lead efforts in developing processes and programs around compliance, employee engagement, onboarding, payroll/benefits, and retention.
What can this job offer?
- Collaborate with HR team members through open enrollment, implementations, and upgrades of our HCM system, process improvements, and other key initiatives
- Opportunity to build best in class centralized HR processes, systems, training, and support mechanisms, which allow for ownership of various people activities across assigned site locations
- Be the point person in the region for HR related questions, including those related to payroll and benefits, as well as helping leaders with various reporting and people analytics
- Act as a true HR Business Partner, not only as the go-to for compliance to federal, state, and local laws, but also on how to improve business results by engaging our people
- Organize and maintain the Certified Payroll processes for the region as well as any contract requirements related to “People”
- Apply a total compensation philosophy, offering suggestions and ideas for improvements
- Actively participate in recruiting and retention initiatives throughout the region
- Manage the administrative HR processes for the assigned region
- Participate in merger and acquisition activities, especially in the integration of new businesses within the region
Whom do we need?
- A person with the HR background and business acumen to partner with organizational leadership (1-3 years HR experience, & Bachelor’s in HR, Labor Relations, Business, or similar) – Internship experience is a must!
- Self-starting problem solver who likes to have autonomy to make improvements and, in some cases, create something from nothing
- Approachable team player, who wants to be part of a rapidly growing business
- Willing to travel 15%-25% to visit sites, meet employees and leaders, help with open enrollment, training, employee relations, or other major initiatives
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA