Regional Sales Manager
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest provider of street sweeping and JetVac services in the country. We are a high-growth company looking to expand rapidly across the US in the next 5 years with the Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC area being a key market growth area. We serve a multitude of markets including infrastructure construction, governmental - state, county and municipal, industrial, retail and commercial parking lots.
SCA is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated individual that wants to create rapid growth municipal opportunities for SCA in a dynamic organizational structure where you can make an immediate impact through aggressive prospecting. Government Agencies look to us as an outsourcing solution provider to save money on their stormwater compliance budgets while ensuring a higher standard of quality and reliability.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM)will serve as the leader of the general growth efforts, with a focus on municipal sales and prospecting throughout the states of Virginia and Maryland as well as the Washington DC area. They are responsible for aggressively developing new business through planning, prospecting, quoting, and establishing business relationships with key prospects. The strategic selling plan, thorough documentation of the sales cycle and information gathering will be critical for the success of this individual.
In this role you will:
The RSM is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the regional sales strategy. This position will be a key for the prospecting, selling and participating in account management and retention activities to ensure the long-term targeted, profitable sales growth of municipal sweeping and JetVac services. This position will also be responsible for the prospecting and sales support in other end markets as necessary to ensure a strong mix of market opportunities exist to drive profitable sales growth. This position requires 50% or more travel. This position will be based out of our Annapolis Junction, MD or Richmond, VA site.
- Prospects, cold calls, sells and proactively manages the business relationship within the assigned region for the municipal market. Assists in pricing recommendations with regional operations personnel in order to secure the business at approved margins.
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for generating leads/opportunities, profitable sales volumes and strategic objectives for assigned customer territory
- Present, promote and sell SCA services using convincing proven influences on existing and prospective customers by meeting regularly with key decision makers within municipalities to enhance SCA’s position and continuously bring value added services to the relationship. Effectively communicate SCA’s competitive advantages to existing and potential new customers.
- Conducts on-site prospect interviews and complete customer questionnaires in order to collect proper documentation of existing sweeping/JetVac service operations and perform cost-benefit and needs analysis.
- Meets individually with government employees as well as present at public forums, such as council meetings, to bring awareness to the value of outsourcing these services as well as assist in the evaluation of outsourcing vs insourcing costs
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales prospects
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments such as operation, accounting, marketing, etc.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve self-performance through feedback
- Establish, develop and maintain key influencer relationships with existing and future customers/prospects in other end-markets as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in trade shows, and local or state industry associations and trade groups.
- Participate in company-wide marketing campaigns.
- Engage in and communicate sales activities (number of customer calls, visits, cross-sell initiatives, and pipeline awareness)
- to support opportunity progression and sales close.
- Comply with procedure for price approval prior to quote
- Participate in joint sales planning sessions focused on SCA sales strategy to meet revenue goals and objectives.
- Document the goals and assigned action items. Report progress.
- Work with internal resources to determine capacity, timing and requirement for acquiring critical resources with appropriate
- lead time, to help close deals successfully.
- Document account information, contacts, opportunities and sales activities in CRM program.
- Stay current with industry changes in technology and influences.
- Stay current with company's objectives; lead the company into new, profitable revenue service streams.
- Consistently meets revenue growth and retention goals.
- Participates in sales team and other company meetings.
- Prepare sales reports.
- Respond to miscellaneous customer requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ sales experience with preference to outsourcing government services or any other form of government sales experience.
- Proven record of government business development as evidenced by awarded contracts
- Waste or environmental services industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing or Sales related discipline.
- Ideally will bring relationships to the position that can be leveraged
- At least 5 years negotiating terms and contract specifications for end customer
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in aggressive sales growth
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills
- Proactive and timely follow-up skills on leads, quotes and scheduling
- Microsoft Suite Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, Teams)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate computer and keyboard; able to use phone; sit for long periods; communicate using speech, hearing and vision; Ability to travel at least 50% is required
- Pay Type Salary
- Maryland, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA