Director of EHS
Are you looking for an opportunity to create a company safety culture using the best practices you have learned throughout your career? Do you want the autonomy to build something in a growing industry where the sky is the limit? This opportunity may be worth a second look for you.
Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is offering an opportunity for a Director, EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) to lead and drive our safety culture. They will work with Regional Field EHS employees, Regional Vice Presidents, and General Managers to implement strategies to work towards zero injuries and incidents.
SCA is the largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the United States. Our reliable services have been trusted by municipalities, State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors and commercial, parking lots, and industrial properties throughout the midwestern, eastern and southern United States. We are continuing to grow rapidly, and this is the perfect time to have this role join our team.
What can this job offer?
- Ability to utilize knowledge and skills in DOT and OSHA compliance to build systems in a multi-site organizational structure, including creating and updating written programs
- Act as the subject matter expert to support and direct others in EHS matters
- Opportunity to partner with dedicated Senior Leaders to develop plans and concepts to drive home a “One SCA” safety culture
- Capitalize on coaching and leadership capabilities to lead and develop others in best practices that will drive performance
- Get involved in M&A activities and the integration of new companies
- Lead a team of Regional EHS employees to achieve personal development and meet performance goals and expectations
- Create a robust root cause analysis investigation process and teach/train others in it
- Team up with the Claims Specialist to identify risks throughout the organization and develop proactive solutions
- Develop training initiatives to ensure compliance--but also to reduce risks throughout the organization by utilizing data and personal creativity
Whom do we need?
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 15 years of EHS experience
- At least 10 years of recent DOT compliance experience
- At least 10 years of OSHA compliance experience
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- Ability to influence others and create buy-in
- Self-starting problem solver who likes to have the autonomy to make improvements and, in some cases, create something from nothing
- Approachable team player, who wants to be part of a rapidly growing business
- Travel as required (up to 50% at times depending on need)
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Cleveland, OH, USA