SCA maintains of fleet of sweepers, dump trucks, flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, trailers, attenuators, and various other support equipment.
The Mechanic 3 position is a valuable support role with opportunity for advancement.
Work will include preventative maintenance and repair of various chassis manufacturers and upfit configurations with a focus on electrical and hydraulic systems. Candidate should be able to work without direct supervision and perform maintenance and repairs to manufacturer and industry standards.
This position also requires leadership abilities and the willingness and capacity to teach others.
In this position you will:
- Work in a field-based environment requiring frequent overnight travel in support of SCA operations in the Dallas, Houston, and Corpus Christi areas as well as others in this rapidly growing market
- Maintain the cleanliness of trucks and support equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the shop and yard
- Perform preventative maintenance and advanced repairs to chassis and upfit components
- Complete advanced inspections and quality check the work of others
- Diagnose and repairs on electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Troubleshoot and repair drive train components
- Supervise and train others as needed
- Maintain inventory and work with vendors to place orders
- 10 years of experience or 7 years w/ formal training
- Prior experience working in the field in a service truck based role
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Complete tool set including hand, air and electrical diagnostic equipment (Company will provide diagnostic laptop and software)
- Advanced experience with standard diagnostic software
- Advanced knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Ability to read and follow schematics
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed
- Possess a valid driver license with the ability to obtain a Class B CDL with endorsements
- Willingness to learn
- Consistent attendance
- Use all required PPE and work safely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Work performed in outdoor environments and exposure to variable and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
Work in high noise environments with exposure to vibration and fumes
Active, physical work occasionally involving lifting 50 lbs. Frequently involves carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching, and standing.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $30.00
- Dallas, TX, USA