Product Specialist - Graphics (Job Req. #2021-080)
WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Product Specialist - XPression and RVS
As a Product Specialist, your mandate is to champion the XPression product line, OEM products, and Ross Virtual Solutions while maintaining a deep, hands-on understanding of the technology.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Collaborate with the Product Manager – Technical, to create video tutorials for training and marketing purposes
- Participate in trade show planning and execution
- Assist high profile customers to develop or maintain complex workflows
- Write scripts and small software applications to demonstrate XPression functionality
- Assist Regional or Key Account Sales Managers and Business Development Managers with responses to tender documents, Produce workflow and wiring diagrams and participate in key customer demonstrations and proofs-of-performance.
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation and maintenance of new and existing XPression platforms and software tools and ensure technical accuracy of: promotional literature, catalog, website, and other customer-facing content
- Work with the Development Team on product roadmap, development priorities, product direction, and new products – based on industry and customer trends
- Act as a technical liaison with OEM partners in collaboration with the Product Manager – Technical, to acquire software/hardware for testing and vetting of workflows in the office
- Help maintain and support the RVS demo lab in Ottawa
- Champion internal training for XPression and OEM products – Tech Support, DTE, PV, Manufacturing
You should have:
- Post-secondary degree or trade school diploma
- 5+ years of experience with broadcast equipment in pre or post-sales environments
- Ross XPression and Unreal Game virtual solutions experience
- Broadcast graphics experience
- Knowledge of broadcast graphics systems & IT workflows
- Knowledge of graphic design and graphics production workflows
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio
- Able to take complex technical details and convey the information to others in an easy-to-understand manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and very detail orientated
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments
- Active Passport with the ability to travel across The Americas, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, and APAC if needed
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience in selling and marketing broadcast equipment preferred
- Basic computer programming experience desired
- Broadcast or print design experience would be helpful
- Background in technical training is a plus
- Background in programming, scripting, and databases is favored
- Ability to work with asset management systems is a plus
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Job Start Date Friday, January 1, 2021