Senior Counsel, Corporate Law
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Responsible for day-to-day corporate matters, including negotiation of general contracts, assistance with various transactional matters, corporate governance matters and financial reporting. Will also be part of the team working on the process to emerge from bankruptcy.
- Assist the Licensing and Business Development and R&D groups with preparation and review of legal documents related to new product opportunities, acquisitions, divestitures, in- and out-licensing transactions.
- Negotiate, draft and revise various complex contracts between the Company and other parties.
- Provide timely legal support to assist all departments with their contractual needs in order to assist such departments achieve their objectives related to product portfolio development and operational excellence.
- Assist with the various activities relating to the Chapter 11 reorganization process
Education and Experience Requirements
- Undergraduate and Law degrees; admission to State Bar. If not admitted in Connecticut, commitment to be admitted to Bar in Connecticut or become authorized in-house counsel in Connecticut.
- Requires 8 or more years’ corporate legal experience at a top law firm or in an in-house corporate legal department.
- Experience with pharmaceutical and health care law compliance and knowledge of regulatory and health care compliance laws a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate with members of different departments in the Company, outside counsel and senior management
- Solid grasp of basic legal tenets involving contracts, corporate law, and antitrust
- Exceptional organizational skills; a demonstrated ability to adapt, problem solve and organize competing priorities and projects
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A high degree of discretion, excellent judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Ability to work quickly and independently
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Legal
- Pay Type Salary
- 201 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, USA