Medical Information Specialist
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
The Medical Information Department is a fast-paced industry-based drug information call center that responds to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, patients, and other customers regarding Purdue's prescription and over-the-counter products. The Medical Information Specialist is responsible for providing responses to these medical and pharmaceutical inquiries, as well as evaluating the medical literature and compendia for information on Purdue products and therapeutic areas.
- Provide high-quality, accurate, unbiased, balanced, and timely responses to unsolicited medical and pharmaceutical inquiries regarding Purdue’s products received from healthcare professionals, patients, and field representatives as well as internal Purdue customers.
- Provide staffing coverage on a regular basis for the Medical Information call center which requires communicating with customers including healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Formulate medically-based verbal and written responses to inquiries based on the relevant data.
- Develop evidence-based standard response documents and FAQ responses on topics related to Purdue’s products.
- Identify and collect spontaneous adverse events and product complaints and route information to the Drug Safety Department.
- Evaluate the medical literature and compendia for information on Purdue’s products and therapeutic areas
- Respond to comments on social media for Purdue’s products, as well as monitoring social media comments for adverse events and product complaints.
- Assist with the verification and review of medical content in promotional and other materials
- Maintain a high level of product and disease state expertise in order to provide the highest quality of medical information support for both internal and external customers.
- Comply with FDA regulations and guidance, government obligations, and Purdue policies
Education and Experience Requirements
- PharmD required
- A minimum of 1 year of pharmacy experience with industry-based drug information experience preferred
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing medical and scientific information to healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Strong organization, time management, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to effectively research, interpret, and assess medical/scientific data. Proficient in searching medical literature databases.
- Good analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Understands applicable regulations and compliance procedures that govern medical information activities.
- Competency using information technology, Microsoft Office Applications, and Medical Information database system
Supervisory Responsibilities (if Applicable)
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: email@example.com.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Medical Affairs
- Pay Type Salary
- 201 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, USA