Pharmaceutical Technician (Compression) 2nd Shift (M-Th 4:00pm - 2:30am)
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers. We were founded by physicians and we are currently led by a physician. Beyond our efforts to provide quality medications, Purdue is committed to supporting national, regional and local collaborations to drive innovations in patient care. Privately held, Purdue is pursuing a pipeline of new medications through internal research & development and strategic industry partnerships.
For close to two decades Purdue has engaged in many initiatives to stem prescription opioid abuse. We are committed to bringing lifesaving relief to communities and individuals suffering from substance use disorder and overdose. We are currently developing or supporting the development of two essential life-saving opioid overdose reversal medications and have the capability to manufacture others for medication assisted treatment. Providing these medicines has the potential to improve and save countless lives.
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
We are building an exciting path forward, and we are committed to recruiting a dedicated team of professionals who advance our expertise through a commitment to Purdue’s Values: Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We strive to create an environment where you can bring your best to work each day. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
The Pharmaceutical Technician will efficiently, effectively, and safely clean, set-up, and operate machinery in the manufacturing and/or packaging area while adhering to applicable cGMPs, SOPs, FDA, and DEA guidelines.
- Follow Master Batch Records for the manufacturing and packaging of controlled, oral solid dose (OSD) and other dosage forms when required.
- Prepare raw materials, blends, and bulk accountability throughout manufacturing processes.
- Performs weight checks for incoming and dispensed materials ensuring compliance with established procedures. Operates scales including set-up, verification, leveling and challenging.
- Identify, report, and resolve quality issues.
- Safely and in compliance with batch records and SOPs, set up, operate, and clean manufacturing and/or packaging equipment (oral solid dose manufacturing and packaging may include rotor sieves, granulators, blenders, coaters, encapsulators, compression machines, etc.).
- Perform in-process testing and inspections as required by Master Batch Record (weighing, tablet thickness, tablet hardness, friability, visual inspection, etc.).
- Clean and sanitize manufacturing and packaging rooms including walls, floors, and ceilings per SOPs.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one – five years pharmaceutical industry experience or an equivalent combination of education, demonstrated mechanical skill, and experience in a similar industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General ability to perform basic to complex mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of the Metric System of Measurement.
- Experience in oral solid dose (OSD) pharmaceuticals- Compression and encapsulation experience highly preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: email@example.com.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Technical Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Purdue Pharmaceuticals L.P. Technical Operations, 4701 Purdue Drive, Wilson, North Carolina, United States of America