Public Safety Security Officer
Opens: December 8, 2020
Closes: January 15, 2021
Job Title: Security Officer
Department: Public Safety
Responsible for protection and security of the Puyallup Tribal buildings and property. Reports all incidents in writing to the Security Manager and any criminal activity to both the Security Manager and the Puyallup Tribal Police Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Is responsible for protecting and securing Tribal buildings and property as assigned.
2. Promptly reports for assigned shift.
3. Observes and reports all non-criminal incidents in writing to the Puyallup Tribal Public Safety Department. Observes and reports all criminal activities to Law Enforcement Department immediately.
4. Remains alert throughout shift and ensures visitors sign in/out at all Tribal buildings.
5. Promptly and accurately follows instructions received from Supervisor.
6. Monitors security cameras per assigned schedule.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to work any assigned shift, including weekends, evenings, graveyard and holidays.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificates
Must have no felonies in the past five years.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Must be able to acceptably pass a background and DSHS check prior to and periodically throughout employment.
· Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
· Must deal with the public in a tactical, pleasant and courteous manner.
· The employee is regularly required to talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; push and/or pull; kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.\
· The noise level is quiet.
· The physical exertion is moderate.
· The work place may sometimes be stressful when dealing with unruly clients or visitors to the office.
· Work is sometimes performed in outdoor weather conditions while patrolling the premise.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tacoma, WA, USA