Philadelphia, PA, USA
Monday, February 8, 2021
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient and documenting check-in updates in electronic dental record
- Document dental care services by charting in patient electronic records
- Provide information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests
- Provide materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments for dentist’s access
- Provide instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments using four handed technique
- Provide diagnostic information by exposing digital radiographic studies; pouring and trimming study casts
- Clean and polish removable appliances; fabricate and polish temporary restorations
- Taking impressions of teeth for study models, diagnostic casts or athletic appliances
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed
- Manage patient flow and triage “walk ins”
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; requesting repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; learning new equipment and techniques; recording maintenance in logs
- Ensure all lab and clinic supplies are ordered in a timely manner; maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies
- Document receipt of dental supplies, dental lab work, repairs, and additional services
- Educate patients by giving oral hygiene instructions, providing post-operative instructions, and discussing treatment plans
- Communicate with Receptionist time /date /procedure of next appointment by documenting next visit information in electronic dental record
- Maintain dental lab work area, keep cases in alphabetical order, and track turnaround times for lab cases; Communicate with lab when a case is overdue; Communicate with receptionist when patient cases are not delivered in a timely manner
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Use sound judgment in patient communication
- Participate in Quality and Risk Management Committee as designated
- Develop and maintain activities to achieve Patient Centered Health Home as required
- Work in compliance with all medical policies and with standards such as OSHA, HIPAA, and funding body regulations
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Exercise good judgment in bringing any issues necessary to the attention of the supervising dentist or Dental Director
- Constantly strives to achieve excellence in the day-to-day operations of Project HOME Dental Services
We have strict COVID precautions in place including fit-tested N95s for all clinical staff, an upgraded HVAC system with bipolar ionization, and HEPA filters with UVC in each treatment room.
- Graduation from a Dental Assisting program
- Current Radiology certificate
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the use of the internet
- At least 3 years of experience as a Dental Assistant
- Experience with Next Gen a plus
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.