Healthcare Litigation Paralegal
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Healthcare Litigation Paralegal will work in our Columbia office supporting our healthcare team. This is a non-exempt administrative position that reports to the Office Administrator and assigned attorneys. There are no direct reports to this position.
The Paralegal will work a regular schedule as determined by the Office Administrator and/or assigned attorneys. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft correspondence, pleadings, and discovery documents
• Communicate with clients, witnesses, court personnel, and experts
• Review and summarize depositions and other discovery materials
• Trial preparation, including electronic presentations
• Assist attorneys at trial with electronic presentations, coordinating witnesses and managing trial exhibits
• Manage electronic databases associated with e-discovery
• Assist with document productions
• Internet research
• Cite check and shepardize briefs
• Electronic filings
• Docket court filing deadlines and scheduling orders
• Other tasks as needed
• 5+ years of litigation experience
• Paralegal certificate and/or college degree
• Administrative Law Court experience preferred
• Proficiency in Federal and/or State electronic filing
• Large case management and trial experience preferred
• Experience with Relativity and other eDiscovery software a plus
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with trial presentation software a plus
• Experience using a legal time and billing system
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests
• Motivated, self-directed individual with ability to anticipate and resolve issues
• Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
• Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times
- Parker Poe, 1221 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America