Les Mills BODYPUMP Instructor
Position Title: Les Mills BODYPUMP Instructor
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Crosby Wellness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Les Mills Instructor will have the opportunity to not only teach fitness programs backed by powerful scientific research but to create life-changing experiences every day. Join 130,000 instructors worldwide to inspire a fitter planet and enhance your fitness knowledge and career options. Your potential as a Les Mills Instructor is limitless, and we’d love to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Les Mills classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
3. Stay up to date with new music, latest exercises, education, and scientific research provided by Les Mills.
3. Maintain Les Mills certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
4. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
5. Report any equipment needs, or broken equipment needing repair to supervisor immediately following class.
6. Record participation numbers after every Les Mills class.
7. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
8. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the participants.
9. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
10. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
11. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- A general group exercise instructor certification required. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
- A Les Mills certification is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crosby Wellness Center, 2005 Mizell Ave., Winter Park, Florida, United States of America