Digital Ad Operations Manager
About Philadelphia Inquirer, PBC
Since 1829, The Philadelphia Inquirer has been providing essential journalism for the diverse communities of the Philadelphia region. The Inquirer, a for-profit public benefit corporation owned by the non-profit Lenfest Institute, produces Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism that changes lives and leads to lasting reforms. Its multiple brand platforms — including newspapers, Inquirer.com, e-Editions, apps, newsletters, and live events — reach a growing audience of more than 10 million people a month.
The Digital Advertising Operations Manager is responsible for the delivery and accuracy of all digital advertising campaigns on our website(s). This role is the primary liaison with Product & Engineering staff to coordinate technical operations, ad serving efforts, and advertising product business development. This role requires a strong understanding of programmatic advertising operations from the publisher side. This position works closely with stakeholders in Sales, Product, and Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Ensure advertising products deliver as designed and record specific interaction metrics
- Perform pre- and post-launch Quality Assurance for creatives to ensure adherence to size, behavior, and reporting specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise including reporting discrepancies, creative policing, and client issues.
- Debug and test ads using browser developer tools such as Charles, Chrome, and Firefox
- Responsible for order entry QA to ensure that campaigns are trafficked as ordered
- Responsible for training Account Strategists in forecasting, creating orders, trafficking, and QA testing
- Responsible for vendor implementation and management.
- Ensure high impact vendor creative templates are QA tested prior to delivering to internal creative team
- Ensure all changes and additions to ad tags, ad server units, web pages, and integrations are documented in Confluence
- Trafficking of all programmatic tag deals and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Proactively identify delivery issues across the site by running weekly reports on top level ad units and position and investigating variances when needed.
- Monitor Google Ad Manager dashboard daily to review various reports on impressions, eCPM, viewability, and other key metrics
- Review Google Ad Manager alerts daily to identify opportunities, and other miscellaneous alerts (unfilled impressions, viewability, latency, etc.)
- Monitor changes in publisher site inventory to assess and alert teams of risk.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including product, sales, and finance.
Who We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with ad serving (Google Ad Manager/DFP), internal ad tagging, agency tag QA
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders in the ad tech space including: DSPs, SSPs, ad exchanges, agencies, ad verification providers, and DMPs
- Proven technical advertising background with the ability to communicate with Product and Engineering teams on a technical level
- Ability to read code from an ad serving standpoint and deep knowledge of related metrics
- Consultative, analytical approach towards delivering business results and process improvements
- Strong analytical experience and business insight
- Ability to create, refine and execute processes
- Self-starter; ability to work in a fast-paced sales organization
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative problem solver
*We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA