Lake Compounce - Maintenance Manager II
Manage and lead team of mechanics, electricans, carpenters, and painters to maintain park: attractions, buildings and grounds of the park. Lead team in planning and building new attractions and revenue áreas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of rides maintenance crews, including carpentry & electrical departments. and lead daily crew meetings
- Schedule, recognize, lead, support, coach, counsel, mentor, train and develop frontline staff in accordance with company standards
- Monitor daily ride inspections, documentation and spare part usage. Controls the inventory system and works with the purchasing department to ensure supplies meet current objectives
- Inspect rides and equipment for planning and completion of preventative maintenance
- Assist other managers and directors on maintenance projects including providing cost estimates, monitoring cost of projects, communicating to all parties involved with projects; scheduling of projects and seeing that projects are on schedule and on budget
- Assist in the creation of an annual budget. Ownership and regulation of the daily budget must fall within company guidelines/departmental needs
- Coordinate work with other maintenance department crews, other company departments, and the use of outside contractors and serve as a maintenance department Manager on Duty.
- Create and manage preventative maintenance schedules and long-term projects and evaluate standing processes and procedures.
- Create and facilitate yearly training programs. These include safety programs related to the Maintenance Department which will comply with comany standards.
Education: CPO, OSHA 10, NAARSO CEU’s needed.
Communication – Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively with a wide range of diverse personnel
Leadership – Inspire others to achieve results, establish credibility throughout the organization and maintain a visible leadership role in appropriate industry, community and business organizations as necessary
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Define problems, research and collect data, draw valid conclusions and execute remedial strategies in a timely manner
- Project Management: Understand and manage projects from concept to completion. Develop and achieve strategic objectives, plans and time schedules; organize and manage competing priorities, while maintaining a steadfast commitment to detail
- Executive Presence – Represent the Company well internally and externally; convey a professional and positive image of the organization and business affiliates
- Flexibility – Handle multiple priorities simultaneously; maintain a flexible work schedule to meet changing demands for multiple concurrent projects
- Initiative and Adaptability – Take initiative and execute plans to accomplish strategic objectives in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Computer Proficiency – MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
Experience: Technical background preferably with mechanical engineering with three to five years' experience and a minimum of three years' supervisory experience.
Other: Ability to read blue prints and specifications, have knowledge of hand tools, mechanical trade and procedures related to: hydraulics, drives, belts, fasteners, motors, bearings, welding, rigging.
Knowledge of OSHA regulations is a plus
Ability to work as a part of a team
Ability to communicate effectively to numerous stakeholders across varying departments is a must
Internal: work with all departments in maintaining the park both subordinates and departmental managers
External: must work well with vendors, salespeople, and other park personnel
- Job Family MAINTENANCE
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Bristol, CT, USA, 822 Lake Ave., Bristol, Connecticut, United States of America