Director of Corporate Communications
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: The Director of Corporate Communications’ responsibilities include but are not limited to; developing and delivering key strategic communications plans and campaigns, key message development, pitching business-related story ideas to media, executive communications, and drafting communication plans for key stakeholders including but not limited to season ticket members and corporate sponsors.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Develop strategic organizational communication plans and campaigns.
- Build and deepen relationships with members of the local and national media actively engaging them to tell the franchises’ story. Manage media opportunities/requests for team’s business operations, including executive staff members.
- Create campaigns that use creative platforms, concepts that simultaneously use both traditional and social media to promote team business function areas, including, but not limited, to Membership Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Live Programming and Entertainment, Marketing, Digital, Social Responsibility and Facilities.
- Lead executive communications and increase presence through speaking engagements and awards.
- Ensure organization is aligned with messaging and current storylines.
- Develop communications plans and execute large-scale media events with team executives, partners, civic leaders and, when appropriate, Target Center.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate efficiently.
- Exacting attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and proactively pitch team business-related stories to local and national media.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are critical, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in Public Relations or communications. Experience working in an agency setting and/or with consumer-facing brands preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, journalism or a related field, encouraged but not required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Experience working with local media preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position may require some travel.
Other important information about the job:
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN, USA