Executive Creative Director
Why Join the Pack?
At this organization, we do things a bit differently. We're not your typical sports franchise pouring all of our focus into the playing stage. We're about uniting together to push the culture forward, challenge the status quo, and accomplish things most didn't think was possible! Whether you're blazing trails in ticket sales, creating for our brands, or using your passion to elevate our vision, your contributions will always shine bright. Together, we are on a journey where chasing greatness is constant and breaking new grounds is a norm.
Position Summary/Objective: We are seeking a high-performing Executive Creative Director (ECD) to lead the creative vision for the Timberwolves & Lynx organization and our internal creative team/agency. This successful individual is passionate about setting the bar for brands, programs and initiatives, all while encouraging others in the process. The ECD will have a bias for innovation and will put our fans & culture at the center of all design thinking. This individual knows how to envision, develop & direct outstanding work, as well as exceptional talent.
What would you do?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Translates the positioning and vision of the Timberwolves & Lynx brands into fan-centric stories & experiences across owned and paid marketing channels.
- Drives new and innovative ways to present the brands for various segments, in ways that deliver a differentiated brand aesthetic and voice.
- Directs the ideation, presentation and execution of all marketing campaigns & assets across the organization.
- Leads, inspires and manages a dedicated Creative Team with passion and positivity.
- Able to give and receive feedback and constantly iterate, to ensure all creative delivers on the expectations of the creative brief and partners.
- Active & thoughtful contributor to the marketing leadership team.
- Highly collaborative leader that works effectively cross-functionally and with agency partners, and is able to gain buy-in from key stakeholders on creative direction.
- Cultivates a culture where many ideas are presented as options, constantly push design thinking.
- Able to guide the Creative Team in developing creative presentations & pitches for internal teams and corporate partners.
- Leads creative retail and outfitting development in conjunction with the ACD, NBA and external partners.
- Mentors, manages, and inspires the Creative Team in every aspect of design.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and staying up to date on industry and cultural trends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What are your proficiencies or equivalent experiences?
- A professional-level mastery of industry standard design software and tools including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud and production standards and practices.
- Relevant experience in sports, entertainment and/or lifestyle brands preferred.
- Experience in concepting and executing a brand identity and/or brand refresh as well as brand campaigns.
- Strong, respectful leadership and managerial skills with an executive presence.
- Leads by example and willing to roll-up their sleeves and contribute wherever needed.
- Successfully works in a fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration are essential, and priorities shift frequently.
- Strategic decision maker that uses marketing and creative briefs, data insights and business priorities to drive projects accordingly.
- Highly organized, and able to manage workflow and timelines within project management tools.
- Thrives working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to recognize and nurture talent.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience: Minimum eight to ten (8-10) years experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience. Minimum three (3+) years experience in a creative leadership role.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Design, Graphic Communications or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: This position will likely not travel.
Other important information about the job:
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
We participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot prove this, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) to resolve the issue before any action might be taken against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full Time
- Minneapolis, MN, USA