Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing and applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of accounting principles and have excellent analytical, technology and communication skills. The position is located at our corporate headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
- Aid in the month end financial processes including accrual preparation, reconciliations and forecasting
- Perform traditional general accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reviews of revenue and expense categories in order to properly forecast year-end financial statements
- Assist Account Management team with the preparation of quarterly and annual client statements
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of general journal entries
- Assist with preparations for the annual audit, tax returns and other corporate reporting requirements.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- Skilled in financial management (budget, forecasting, expense management, financial modeling/ analysis)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess analytical skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Accounting software applications experience; Unit4/Agresso preferred
- Experience working with a government contractor preferred
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family Omega
- Pay Type Salary
- Fairfax, VA, USA