Omega World Travel, one of the leading travel management companies, is seeking an experienced and versatile writer to manage our proposals department that responds to government and corporate RFPs. The Proposals Manager supervises the daily activities of the proposal department employees, establishes deadlines and ensures on-time delivery of proposals; reviews, writes and edits proposal responses; and verifies proposal document compliance with bid specifications and Omega’s business practices. Responsibilities also include writing assignments supporting business development and various in-house projects.
• Review and distribute RFP/bid solicitation documents to employees
• Identify, assess, and communicate potential bid issues to senior management
• Research, write, and edit proposal responses
• Work collaboratively in a team environment, fostering relationships with subject matter experts and Sales
• Coordinate project tasks with RFP team members and conduct status meetings
• Oversee proposal production, shipping, and delivery activities for proposal projects
• Update and maintain standard responses in a proposal content database
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience
• 5+ years of experience in managing proposal projects and proposal development. Travel industry experience preferred
• Experience with government contracting and government contract work
• Experience effectively working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated professional writing, proofreading, and editing skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Omega World Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Job Family Omega
- Pay Type Salary
- Fairfax, VA, USA