Intern - Accounting/Business
Take the challenge and apply your technology, engineering and science knowledge, skills, and education at Oceanit, one of Hawaii’s largest and most diversified innovation companies! At Oceanit, a rule-breaking practice of Intellectual Anarchy produces disruptive innovation, as we consistently discover the edges of thinking and create breakthroughs in science, engineering, and technology to change the world. This summer, gain real-life work experience as an Oceanit student intern!
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A SUMMER INTERN?
- Work with our staff on actual projects, e.g., develop a mobile application, experiment with algae for biofuel, help firefighters and first responders to stay in communication, restore a wetland or a beach... the possibilities are endless!
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, or professional staff on a wide array of cool, research or development projects – design a product that solves the unsolvable problem, develop a smartphone application, market an energy drink, or coordinate employee communication through a social network system... the possibilities are endless!
- Conceive and develop your own innovative project proposal and present it to the Review Committee... many projects have resulted in products and services for our clients!
- Go in the field or to client sites to collect data.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A SUMMER INTERN?
- Problem-solvers with a talent for invention.
- Hard worker, fast learner, and self-starter.
- Taken some courses in engineering, science, or information technology.
- Team player, fun to be around, and good communicator.
- Recent graduate (within last year) OR student enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.) and taking at least half-time academic or vocational and technical course load at an accredited high school, technical, or vocational school; 2-year or 4-year college or university; or graduate or professional school.
- At least minimum age required by federal, state, or local laws and standards governing the employment of minors.
- Non-citizens may be eligible for employment under U.S. immigration laws.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Each year, resumes are reviewed during the months of January through March. Selections and formal invitations are completed by mid-April and candidates will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
- Candidates are selected based on education, skills, career goals, and current business requirements.
- Job Family 3 - Technician
- Pay Type Hourly
- Corporate, 828 Fort Street Mall Suite 600, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America