PURPOSE/FUNCTION: The Lab Technician performs a broad range of duties in support of scientific research and laboratory activities.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
Provisions of this position shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Conducts basic biology and chemistry laboratory research in accordance with stipulated protocols and quality and safety standards.
- Utilizes highly specialized equipment to prepare solutions, and conducts diagnostic and testing of fluids, materials and chemicals.
- Analyzes data; prepares and maintains reports, research findings, summaries, logs, and notes, and produces statistical results.
- Performs various immunoassays and bioassays; performs microscopy
- Performs sterile-cell culture techniques
- Performs chemical purification techniques for isolating molecules and other target compounds
- Prepares samples and solutions and performs chemical and mechanical testing of substrates
- Prepares reports and analyzes data
- Sets up, maintains and repairs laboratory equipment and the lab environment; monitors safety equipment and supplies.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors, as needed.
- Manages various aspects of laboratory including storage and retrieval of chemical and supply inventories, MSDS forms.
- May assist with the receiving, storing and shipping of chemicals and solutions.
- Performs general lab duties as required such as washing glassware, preparing culture media, autoclaving labware, cleaning lab areas, maintaining inventory of supplies and standard chemicals, preparing various solutions.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA or BS in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Physics or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Understanding, experience and superior dependability to comply with standard laboratory protocols with attention to detail and accuracy of procedures.
- Capability of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- 2 years experience in laboratory research activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Job Family 2 - Scientist
- Pay Type Salary
- Corporate, 828 Fort Street Mall Suite 600, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America