National Counseling Group (NCG), an ncgCARE partner, is a quickly growing organization that offer its employees quality benefits, advancement opportunities, skill development and team-oriented culture.
NCG is the premier provider of behavioral health services that specializes in community-based counseling, crisis stabilization, mental health skill-building, school-based treatment and outpatient counseling. National Counseling group currently has over 30 offices across Virginia. NCG’s mission is to improve lives, which not only includes the individuals served, but every one of our employees.
We are currently seeking a full-time Clinical Supervisor to work in our Chesapeake, VA office. This position involves both clinical and administrative supervision for all direct care and clinical staff in a multi-disciplinary treatment team that combines both social model/peer support and professional clinical approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Site Director with the provision of the clinical services
- Full time supervisor manages clinical staff
- Provides an average of 4 hours of supervision per week with each supervisee.
- Mandatory face-to-face or webcam meeting for 1 hour weekly to assist clinical staff with caseload management related to organization of caseload and productivity, clinical approaches to cases assigned, discuss quality and integrity of clinical documentation, professionalism and professional development;
- Assists staff throughout the day and week as needed via phone and email;
- Accompanies counselor to multi-disciplinary meetings (FAPT) and court hearings;
- Accompanies counselor to a community-based session with new clients within their first 30 days of admission
- Remains available to clinical staff 24 hours daily to assist with crisis intervention;
- Responsible for new hire training, development and ensuring completion of mandatory human resources paperwork for new hires assigned as supervisees;
- Recommends, prepares and facilitates trainings as necessary to assist staff in better meeting the needs of clients;
- Prepares written diagnostic assessments, assessing clients from multiple perspectives, including family functioning, psychological/emotional, social, academic, medical, behavioral, substance abuse, skills, strengths, barriers to economic self-sufficiency, treatment history, and others, and utilizing various assessment instruments;
- Facilitates wraparound team meetings to enlist existing supports in determining and meeting service objectives and to identify additional resources and supports;
- Fulfills all documentation, case management and billing functions for providing direct service as outlined in the counselor job description;
- Adheres to and upholds the guidelines and standards of NCG, which include DMHMRSAS and DMAS standards and guidelines, in the provision of supervision and clinical care.
-Master’s Degree in the human services field from an accredited college or university
-Must be licensed LPC or LCSW status required in Virginia AND a minimum of 2 years of related experience, defined as providing direct services (developing, conducting, and approving assessments and individual service plans or treatment plans) to individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness, mental retardation, or receiving gerontology or special education services.)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Chesapeake, VA, USA