Unified Communications Administrator
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS POSITION:
You will support our telecommunications and Unified Communications environments while leading the company through the adoption of new technologies including online meetings, video conferencing and cloud-based offerings such UCaaS and CCaaS.
Responsible for all aspects of the enterprise telecommunications infrastructure including the evaluation, implementation and administration of the hardware, software and application platforms. Participates in long-term strategic planning of the telecommunications architecture. Performs research and analysis, makes recommendations of technologies that align with stakeholder requirements.
Provides technical guidance to customers and mentors IT staff members.
Monitor, maintain and optimize the network and telecommunications infrastructure, monitoring systems and related security platforms. Manage vendors to ensure that service level, capacity and cost effectiveness of services are met. Provide 24x7 support for the IT infrastructure.
Serves as project manager for medium to large, inter-departmental projects.
Install, configure and test network and telecommunications services including hardware and software components, vendor services and related applications. Troubleshoot, resolve and document complex network and telecommunications technical and performance issues.
Responsible for the creation and adherence of network and telecommunications architecture standards, procedures and policies.
Provides technical leadership and mentoring of team members, internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO BRING TO THIS ROLE:
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a telecommunications administration role in a corporate environment and the Cisco CCNA certification; In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required.
Advanced knowledge of telecommunications, network and server related technologies.
In depth knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications product suite including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Voice Gateways, Expressway, Jabber and Webex.
Must be knowledgeable in IP networking, LAN/WAN, VoIP, routers, switches, firewalls and VPNs. Cloud telephony including UCaaS and CCaaS. Virtualization with VMware solutions, Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory.
Expert level problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Advanced project management skills. Ability to work independently, with little direction. Ability to develop plans for the implementation of telecommunications hardware, software and applications.
Strong presentations skills, ability to provide presentations to management and training for internal and external customers. Strong financial budgeting and cost benefit analysis skills. Ability to work provide 24x7 support as required.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIDATE:
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Cisco CCNA Voice/Collaboration
- Cisco CCNP Voice/Collaboration
- VMware VCP-DCV (Data Center), VCP-NV (Network Virtualization)
- Cloud Architect (AWS, Azure or Cisco)
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive starting base salary plus a targeted annual performance bonus
- A modern work environment with a flexible schedule
- A phenomenal work environment with perks including onsite restaurant and coffee shop, employee activities, onsite fitness center, and sports leagues
- A wonderful team of dynamic IT professionals who are fun, caring and friendly people with whom to work
- A fantastic benefits package that’s hard to find in South Florida
- Job Family 316 Technology Infrastructure
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boca Raton, FL, USA