Permit Clerk - EDS - Building Inspection
The Permit Clerk is responsible for the issuance of building and trade permits for new and existing buildings, scheduling of inspections and the performance of a variety of administrative duties in support of department operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Issues building and trade permits as well as permits for residential additions, roofing and miscellaneous projects.
• Sets up department files when permits are issued for single family homes, additions, renovations, commercial renovations and up fits; forwards files to the inspection office.
• Collects fees for plan reviews, re-inspections and miscellaneous permits and related copying.
• Checks contractor's licenses for validity; maintains contractor information on department’s computer system.
• Assists the Office Manager with daily revenue reports when necessary; responsible for safeguarding the daily monies collected.
• Calculates fees for customers upon request.
• Works closely when necessary with other members of the Building Inspection and Planning Divisions.
• Performs a variety of clerical support duties including faxing, filing, e-mailing, etc. as required.
• Assists contractors, architects and trades people with all aspects of the department’s permit process.
• Works closely with inspectors and all department inspection personnel.
• Assists the public and attorneys with research of building permit records and provides copies as requested.
• Assists with the response to FOIA requests.
• Performs other related assigned duties.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.91
- Max Hiring Rate $19.01
- South Carolina, USA